Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish featuring lists of all of our favorite bookish things. This week’s topic is the top books on our TBR list for Spring, which is juuussstt around the corner. I’ve split my list into two parts, the top five new releases for spring that I can’t wait to read, and the top five books that have been out for a while that I’ll finally be reading at some point between the end of March and the end of June.
Top Five New Spring Releases
1) Dorotyhy Must Die by Danielle Page – This is THE big buzz book right now, and for good reason. What a fantastic concept! I can’t wait to go back to Oz, and I get the feeling that this will be one of those books that everyone is talking about as soon as it comes out.
2) Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau – I’ve been hooked on this series since I first picked up book one at BEA last year, and having reread the first two in 2014 to prepare for the final installment… well, I’m pretty pumped.
3) In The End by Demitria Lunetta – While everyone else was obsessing over The Fifth Wave, this was the sci-fi book I was hooked on. Not only do I love that it’s a duology rather than a trilogy, but the writing, concept and characters of this series are all amazing. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
4) Plus One by Elizabeth Fama – Ummm… did you see that cover?!
5) The One by Kiera Cass – I really enjoyed the concept and characters behind The Selection and The Elite and I can’t wait to find out what happens to America and the other Selection girls. There’s also a bit of a topsy turvey love triangle going on, but I’m convinced!!! I finally picked the right side to root for. Yeah, I’ve probably just jinxed it.
Top Five Books I’m Most Excited to Read This Spring
6) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – Erica got me this one for Christmas and I STILL haven’t found time to read it, which is slowly killing me. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this series and can’t wait to check it out for myself.
7) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – This will be a reread for me. Sort of. Actually, my goal for before the movie comes out is to listen to the audio book, which I’ve heard good reviews for. I’m both excited and preemptively heartbroken to visit these characters again.
8) Night Broken by Patricia Briggs – Before I loved YA, I loved all things Urban Fantasy. Most of the series I followed over the years have drifted away for me, but this one I will see right through to the end. Patricia Briggs is such an amazing writer and the supernatural world she created is nothing short of epic. Highly recommended.
9 & 10 ) The final books of The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor – I’ve read and loved book one but have been holding back on finishing the series until I can enjoy it all together. The reviews I’ve heard for Days of Blood and Starlight have been a little more mixed than I would have liked so I hope by reading these books together I can really appreciate the entirety of this series exactly as intended.